Sunday 22 December 2013

Review: A Christmas to remember an Anthology

This is my review for A Christmas to remember, a collection of stories from, Hope Ramsay, Molly Cannon, Marilyn Pappano, Jill Shalvis and Kristen Ashley. I was given a review copy to read by Net Galley.

Publication Date: 3rd December 2013





Synopsis:


Curl up with this heartwarming Christmas collection!

Jill ShalvisDream a Little Dream: Melissa has kept every man at a safe distance-especially firefighter Ian, a sexy friend with sexy benefits. But Ian secretly longs for more. Luckily, 'tis the season for giving love a chance . . . 


Kristen AshleyEvery Year: Holidays don't come easy for Shy and his brother, Landon. But with the magic of Christmas, along with a little help from Tabby and her family, the Cage brothers are about to get the gift of a lifetime . . .

 
Hope RamsaySilent Night: Down on her luck and evicted from her apartment, single mother Maryanne hopes to start over in Last Chance. When the snow begins to fall, it looks like her baby might literally spend Christmas Eve in a manger. And Maryanne might celebrate the holiday with a handsome stranger.

 
Molly CannonHave Yourself a Messy Little Christmas: Lincoln is a bachelor who's set in his ways-until a professional organizer dressed up as Mrs. Claus changes his life, one tip at a time. . . 


Marilyn PappanoA Family for Christmas: War widow Ilena doesn't mind spending Christmas alone. But when a new doctor blows into town with the winter wind, will she get her secret Christmas wish?
Plus: Excerpts from upcoming novels!



Review:

As you can probably tell from the title, this book is a collection of Christmas stories from a variety of romance authors. I was really excited to read this book as Kristen Ashley; one of my favourite authors was featured.

Before starting this book I was expecting it to be a sugary sweet collection of books to get everyone in the mood for Christmas, and boy was I right!

With the exception of Kristen Ashley and to a lesser extent Molly Cannon, all of these stories were very fluffy (i.e. a bit Mills and Boony for my taste) and were quite superficial; I suppose you have to expect this really for an anthology, there's only so much you can fit into 60 or so pages!

As previously stated Kristen Ashley is one of my favourite authors, so I was predisposed to like this story; and I did! the two couples in this book (Tack & Tyra and Shy and Tabby) are some of my favourite of this authors characters so I was thrilled to have a snapshot into their Christmas story and catch up with the characters stories.

Molly Cannon's 'Have Yourself a Messy Little Christmas' was a good little read as well, i really liked the characters and storyline but was slightly disappointed in the sickly sweet ending.

Overall, I would recommend this book to fans of the individual authors, but don't expect much depth to the book. It does however get you into the Christmas Spirit!

My rating for this book is: 3 out of 5 stars as I really only liked two of the stories.






No comments:

Post a Comment